"I considered myself a pretty high level virtual assistant who consistently makes in the six figure range, but I felt I had hit the ceiling on what I could charge my clients and how I could help them. I knew I could do more for my clients but I wasn't sure what that looked like or how I could get away from the "dollars for hours" grind. My VA practice was in the perfect position to revamp and switch to Online Business Manager mode and I loved the concept of base pay and incentives. The OBM class was amazing--I learned so much from Tina and her fantastic OBM, Tiffany. Certification week really stretched me but I did it (and passed with flying colors). I know I can do anything and move my practice in any direction that I want to. I have all the tools I need to really accelerate growth in my practice, make a bigger impact for my clients and have fun doing it! I highly recommend the Online Business Manager certification course--it changed my life!"Sharon Broughton
Certified Online Business Manager™
"With the Online Business Manager Training, I discovered the key ingredients I needed in order to share my expertise & value to clients, so that they understood what I was worth and were willing to invest in me. I developed the confidence to let go of clients in order to pursue relationships with business owners I could assist with passion. Now I don't just deliver exceptional results to my clients, I organize their business, I pin-point the process to accomplishing their goals and I analyze the results.Raven Howard
I recommend the Online Business Manager Training and Certification course to anyone who wants to truly work hand-in-hand with successful business owners and are looking for a been there done that guide to show them exactly how to make the transition into playing bigger game with their clients. I could go on and on about the results I have achieved but I'll end there and simply state that this was the very best investment I have ever made in my business. I have achieved all that I was hoping for with The Online Business Manager Training program and more!"
Certified Online Business Manager™
If you are new to this concept, I'm sure you are wondering what an Online Business Manager is. The official definition of an Online Business Manager (OBM) is:
A virtual based support professional who manages the day-to-day activities of online based businesses, including the management of projects, operations and team members.
Put simply - an OBM is responsible to get the right things done, at the right time, in the right way and by the right person.
However I like to look at the role from a bit of a different angle - what is the purpose of an Online Business Manager beyond ‘what they do’? The heart of the OBM role is:
To free up the business owner so that they can focus their time and energy on the things that only THEY can do in their business.
Most business owners look to hire an Online Business Manager (OBM) when they simply cannot grow their business anymore being the only one in charge. In order for them to take their business to the next level they need to pull themselves out of the day-to-day management activities and focus on growth.
This includes areas such as product development, strategic alliances and big picture business planning, all of which are essential to the growth of a business. Everything else becomes the responsibility of the OBM.
Online Business Managers Collaborate With Mission Driven Business Owners Who are Doing Work That Matters and Changing Lives – Coaches, Consultants, Speakers, Authors, Trainers and Transformation Agents
Despite the economic challenges we hear about daily on the news, online-based businesses continue to thrive. And there is a really good reason for this, as online-based businesses are uniquely structured to respond quickly to the ever changing needs of the market.
Compared to the more complex and slow-paced structure of the much larger (and often suffering) companies, this gives online-based businesses a distinct advantage in our current economy. We can quickly implement new tools, strategies and methods of connecting to customers and providing them the value that they desire NOW and are willing to pay for.
What is so great about working as an Online Business Manager?
Before we tell you a bit more about the training, let's take a look at why you may want to consider becoming an Online Business Manager in the first place! The role isn't for everyone, but there certainly are some benefits to playing a bigger game with your clients as an OBM.
- Significant Earning Potential - by setting up an incentive based payment structure you blow the roof off of the traditional and limiting 'time for money' model that most VAs and other online support professionals follow.
- Work with a Select Few Clients - you get to choose to work with a small group of your ideal clients (usually no more than 3) vs. having to juggle the many-client-model that can be so tiring.
- Establish Yourself as an Expert - when you help your clients create success, you will also be considered an expert in online business systems and your client's niche market... leading to new opportunities such as consulting, mentoring or training.
- Find New Clients by Word of Mouth - likewise, when you help your client's create success word gets around *very* quickly to the point where you will find yourself having to say 'sorry, my business is full' to the many business owners who will pop up asking for your help.
- Enjoy Longer Term Client Relationships- the Online Business Manager role is integral to your client's business, and as such it has a very low turnover... which means you will rarely have to look for new clients.
- Co-creating with your Clients - many Online Business Managers will grow into creating new programs or products with their clients, and ultimately may have the opportunity to become a partner in the business itself.
- Continuous Learning and Growth - the world of online business is constantly evolving, with new tools, strategies and ideas that seem to pop up every month. Let's just say you will never be bored!
In Other Words, When You Choose To Become a Certified OBM®, You Seize Control Over Your Career, Your Future, Your Lifestyle
Does this sound appealing to you? Keep Reading...
An Online Training Equivalent Of An MBA,
without the massive COST,
years of onerous STUDY...
and fears of NO RETURN on all that investment...
"Do I really need to be certified?"
Really great question, and the answer is of course "it depends".
Certification is certainly not a requirement of working as an Online Business Manager... and in fact there are many excellent people working in this role without need of certification.
However because this is virgin territory, Certification is currently one of the only ways for OBMs and their potential clients to gain confidence in each other.
- When a client hires a Certified Online Business Manager™,they are confident that the person has the knowledge and expertise required to play this role
- When an Online Business Manager is connecting with potential new clients they are confident that they have the proper knowledge and expertise at hand (vs. just figuring it out as they go).
Certification allows you to connect faster with new clients and start off in a relationship of mutual trust based on this common knowledge and expertise.
Plus it also shows clients that you are serious about working as an Online Business Manager. The fact that you've made the investment of time and energy to pursue training and certification proves that this isn't something you are just going to "try and see how it goes" - this kind of commitment speaks volumes about your dedication and intention.
Some of the things covered in this training may not be new to you - and in fact you may already be quite proficient in some areas! (We expect that you have a certain level of skill/understanding already, or you’ll find this training quite a bit out of your depth.)
What is different in this training is that everything will be taught to you from the perspective of the Online Business Manager. Other training programs are directed to the business owner (how to start and grow your own business), however this is truly the only training that specifically teaches how to RUN a business and is purposefully taught from the perspective of being the OBM for these business owners. So the content may be familiar, but the orientation, values and depth will be very different.
This training is not about how to 'be' the business owner, it is about how to 'be' the Online Business Manager who supports other business owners - A subtle but hugely important difference that we teach from our own experience of being an OBM for years.
When you've completed the OBM Training Program you will be effective and confident in a profound new way for your clients:
- Give them a sigh of relief, knowing that they FINALLY have someone on their team who is taking the day-to-day management off their plate (and believe me, for some business owners this sigh of relief may be a strong gale wind!)
- Grab the reigns of a project and take it through to completion (including those projects that may have been sitting half-done for months or even years!)
- Find, hire and manage virtual team members for all aspects of their business, so that they don't have to struggle with this themselves anymore (this is the biggest challenge business owners have)
- Streamline and simplify the systems and processes in the business, including which tools are the best (and the least expensive!)
- Give them an accurate report on their business metrics, so that they are able to see what is going on in their business and make informed decisions. (you would be surprised to know how many business owners aren't really aware of this yet!)
- Implement and manage new revenue streams, taking the business owners ideas and expertise and packaging it to be ready for sale (which is at the heart of any online business)
- Act on their behalf, making decisions and taking care of the things that shouldn't be on the shoulders of your client (protecting them from the little things so they can focus on the big things)
- Take care of issues when they arise, everything from conflicts in the team to technology challenges (so that there is minimum interruption to the business activities)
- Be the calm in the eye of the storm, when things are super busy and it seems like everything is up in the air, you are the one that keeps it all together (the 'glue' that prevents things from falling apart)
- Drive income, create value, and help build a business that can proudly grow to its full potential
The facts are clear. OBMs are in high demand by high-paying clients and will be snapped up quickly. The only thing uncertain yet is:
Are you ready to become a Certified OBM®?
We find that people have a pretty strong reaction once they understand what the role of the Online Business Manager is. In fact, this was my goal when writing the book Becoming an Online Business Manager. I wanted people to have a strong feeling of either:
- "Yes! I would love to become a Certified OBM®, bring it on!"
- "No Thanks, this isn't for me so i'll pass."
You are ready to join the Certified OBM® Training if you:
- have worked as a virtual assistant or other online support professional for at 12 months, OR have 3 - 5 years of relatable 'offline' experience (as an EA, Ops Manager or otherwise).
- have read or will commit to reading the book Becoming an Online Business Manager - so you can get the inside scoop on what it is to work as an OBM and make sure this is for you!
- have a good working knowledge of the foundational online business systems that clients use, including the shopping cart, autoresponder systems, etc (or are willing to take additional training to learn these systems.)
- are setup with a home-based office and are committed to the long-term success of your career of an Online Business Manager.
- are able to dedicate the time necessary to do the entire training as outlined below
We urge you to join us on this grand adventure...
Online Business Manager Certification Training
90-Day Virtual Intensive
The program is delivered virtually (via online video training), in an intimate and intensive 90-day format, led by Tina Forsyth, Founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers.
an take your new skills and start using them with clients *right away*. This includes:
- Instant access to the OBM Training curriculum - our interactive video training is ready when you are, so you can dive in and get started right away!
- The Online Business Manager Manual, which includes complete notes, worksheets, flowcharts and supplemental materials for all modules.
- Twice monthly live Q&A; calls - hosted by Tina, to give you a place to ask all your questions during the training process.
- An invitation to a private OBM Training forum - where you can connect with your fellow trainees and start to build your OBM community (SO important in this journey.)
- OPTIONAL: The ability to work directly with one of our OBM Mentors throughout the training to ask questions and 'fasttrack' your success.
NOTE: there is no expiry date on the training - you will continue to have access to all sessions for years to come, as we know you'll want to go back and review from time to time.
Plus, a few extra-added goodies (aka bonuses)
1) One year free in the International Association of Online Business Managers - the official home of the Certified Online Business Manager™, offering monthly trainings, resources and access to the OBM community. ($297 annual fee)
2) A premium listing in the exclusive Online Business Manager Directory and Job Posting System - the only place where we refer business owners who are ready and excited to hire an OBM! "On average we receive 3-5 emails a week from people wanting to hire a Certified OBM.
3) A copy of the Compensation Conversation: Breaking Free From The Time For Money Trap. This Multimedia Kit includes a 182 page Workbook containing step-by-step Conversation Templates and 6 Recordings to help you create incentive-based compensation agreements with your clients - essential for any Online Business Manager! (sells for $297)
4) The ongoing support of your fellow trainees and Online Business Managers. I really can't stress this enough - the other people who participate in this training with you will become your biggest supporters and resources throughout the training and beyond. Within this group there is no question or challenge that will be left unanswered for you (truly priceless).
A reminder of what is taught in the program as detailed above.
During the Intensive Virtual Training we will be covering:
Module 1: Online Business Models and Marketing
Module 2: Become an OBM - Leadership
Module 3: Project Planning and Launch Management
Module 4: Automation and Operations Management
Module 5: Virtual Team Management
Module 6: Building Your OBM Business
And after the training you are exclusively invited to participate in:
Module 7: Certification Week
So let's get started shall we?
We want to ensure that this training is the best fit for you and the growth of your business! As a first step in the process we ask you to complete an online application so we can get to know more about you, your business and your goals. After your application has been submitted you will be prompted to book a call with one of our OBM Specialists who will review your application and share details about the program, including our various pricing options.
Click the button below to start the application process
Our Spring Session is now closed...
If you want to be notified when we open up the program again this fall complete the early registration form below.
Enter your information below to get notified of our next OBM Training!
We value your privacy and would never spam you
"I learned lots about human behavior, team management, communications,.... during my economics degree and afterwards in my international MBA....lots of theory and tactics...however I had never seen insights so "to the point" and practical as I have with this training!Teresa Campos, Certified OBM®
In my past I was responsible for the organization of the administrative/financial division of large companies and collaborated with other areas, restructuring them from scratch. There were no procedures, no rules, people had been doing the same for the last 20 years and were not considering whether it was the best way or not....the first thing I tried was to create a SOP and define tasks and timelines.....let´s say it was a mess.
While I'm reading the OBM course material I think: "at least someone agrees with what I was saying!!! I wasn't wrong!" . I wish many managers knew this basic things you say, specially the ones related with operations management, automation, team management!!! The world would be so much easier!!!!"
"For those that think they have been there, done that, and they know it all, The Online Business Manager Training program challenges your expertise so that you think outside the box. It is a great opportunity to polish your skills."Lara Nieberding, Certified OBM®
The 'I Swear On My Laptop' Guarantee
As a service provider who has been around the block awhile, you'll want to know that my goal is your absolute satisfaction.
If you decide this program isn't for you - you may request a refund within fifteen (15) days of your acceptance into the program or by the end of the 3rd training video (or live session) - whichever comes first - and we will cheerfully refund whatever portion (or full amount) of tuition you've paid. I swear on my laptop...
I have a simple wish for you and your business, and it is this:
For you to discover what YOU enjoy most and WHO you serve best - and to build your business around that.
Whether it is as an Online Business Manager or in any of the other virtual support specialties that we have the privilege of choosing from in today's marketplace, we are truly blessed to be able to create our own path to success in the work that we do. Life is too short to have it any other way! (And I'm guessing you didn't get into business for yourself to do stuff that you don't want to do - we could have stayed in our regular day jobs for that! 😉
I for one am thrilled (and quite frankly honored) to be able to support you should you decide that the Online Business Manager is the role for you.
To your success,
Founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers
"I was what you'd call a 'healthy skeptic' about taking Tina's OBM Certification training. I'd been a VA for about 8 years and had worked with many wonderful clients and several not-so-wonderful online marketing 'gurus' that had somewhat jaded me to whether the training and 'certification' was REAL or not. So over several years, I ate up all of Tina's FREE and low-cost things I could get my hands on. This helped me learn about her, her integrity, the quality of what she was teaching, etc... It took me finally being sick and tired of spinning my wheels as an UNcertified online business manager to take my business to the next level. Becoming a Certified OBM was the way to go! There HAD to be a better way to do this and I knew who could help me get there!!Kimberly Wise
I found the course itself to be laid out very efficiently and was easy to use and follow along. The quality of the content far exceeded what I'd expected. Even now, I find myself referring back to the content over and over because I consistently learn something new each time I do. The support of Tiffany and team during and after the training made me feel like they were on my side and wanted my success as much as I did. I was concerned that the 'certificate' would essentially be a piece of paper that was just paid for. BUT, that is not the case. The training gives you all of the necessary information you need to make it through Certification Week...but you definitely EARN your certification and feel such a sense of accomplishment when it's complete.
I've already decreased the number of hours I work by 1/3 and have doubled my income. My main client is on an incentive based payment program with me with a nice sized monthly retainer and revenue sharing. I am open to working with other clients and responding to Requests for Proposals as they come through the OBM website. Being a Certified OBM has exponentially increased my confidence level in my skills.
My advice to those of you thinking about becoming a Certified OBM is to 'Just Do It!' You won't regret it!"
"The program offers you an opportunity to step into a bigger role that is not about you, but is about supporting someone else to grow their business, and at the same time, you will grow yours. If you are proactive, creative, and willing to lead the way, then this is the course for you. You will be able to have more control over how you work with your clients, you will have an opportunity to earn more money, you will enhance your skills, you will switch from a “doing” mindset to a “marketing” mindset and best of all, everything you learn you will be able to apply in your own business – It’s a great way to practice your new skills."Nicole Graham
"Not even in my undergraduate program (with a triple major and double minor) or my MBA program have I ever learned so much useful information as I did in my Online Business Manager training week. It left my brain on overload (in a good way) and gave me newfound motivation to move both my business and my client's businesses forward in a profound way. I'm eternally grateful for the boost in skills as well as my confidence levels - it's made an amazing difference in my life and it's only been a week!"Ericka Pardun
"I've already told several people that it's the best training money I've spent since I became a VA. The classes were informative, in depth, well-presented and far from boring. If someone's been a VA for awhile and is wondering what the next step is, she should look into becoming an OBM; if the definition describes her, then this training is a MUST!"Debbie Lonergan
"The certification program was excellent, by the way. There was much more to the program than I thought there would be, and the supplementary training modules were great.Kasey Traeger
Even though I've been working online for several years now, there's always something new to learn! I also found the module on incentivized compensation to be incredibly helpful and eye-opening as a new way for me to partner with my clients and let them know that I really do invest myself in their business(es)."
"The OBM Training is packed with great information on everything from how to be an OBM and handle the day-to-day work to the mindset you need to work with business owners and keep them focused. Tina has a way of presenting the information that keeps you engaged and wanting more. I was bummed when the week was over. It was definitely worth the time and money. One small warning: The training week is intense -- definitely don't try to work your regular job during that week!"LeAnn Erimli
"I was drowning in my VA business - going from task to task, project to project - not having the time to be proactive in helping to grow my client's business. I discovered Tina's Online Business Model, read her book and it was like a light turning on - this was the new way I wanted to serve my clients.Deborah Davis
The OBM Certification program was exciting, challenging and business-changing for me. I had to wrap my head around some new concepts which were awkward for me at first. However, the program has helped me to step into this new role with confidence and expertise in my field. Not only do I have happier clients with growing businesses, but I have also increased my bottom line (and have reclaimed my weekends!)."